The Livingston Parish School Board is pleased to make school facilities available for functions as needed by our citizens; however, it is imperative that users understand that school facilities are intended for school purposes first. Nothing shall take precedence over services for which school facilities are intended, and the facility must be left in such condition that it will be ready for normal use the following morning when students return.
For the protection of facilities and users, school personnel must be present when facilities are used. The Board shall make its facilities available as a public service, but shall not offer the services of its personnel, as the Board must pay for their overtime just like other employers are required to do.
The usage of school facilities by individuals or groups shall be based on a properly documented application and governed by a hold harmless usage agreement between the individual or group and the Board. The usage agreement shall contain, but not be limited to, the following:
1. A hold harmless statement having the effect of holding the Board free from any liability that may arise while the facilities are in use.
2. A statement that the individual or group user shall assume all responsibility for damages and/or maintenance expenses invested in the building, directly or indirectly resulting from user's use.
3. No school facilities shall be used for hazardous activities as determined by the administrator.
The Board reserves the right to refuse any request to use facilities which:
1. Concerns any activities prohibited by state and/or Board policies;
2. Is made by any persons or organizations which have failed to follow procedures
developed by the Superintendent or his or her designee; or
3. Is considered in any way contrary to the best interests of the school system.
No organization which discriminates against participants on the basis of race, creed, sex, religion, disability, or national origin, may make use of any facility owned by the School Board.
Ref: La. Rev. Stat. Ann. §17:81.